GEA | Le forum
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Cartes Pokémon EV6.5 : où trouver le Bundle Lot 6 Boosters Fable ...
Voir le deal

Neostenotarsus Sp Suriname

2 participants

Neostenotarsus Sp Suriname Empty Neostenotarsus Sp Suriname

Message  Rodolphe Mer 28 Mar 2018 - 9:27

Bonjour  Very Happy

j'ai acheté dernièrement cette mygale : Neostenotarsus Sp Suriname

Qui pourrais m'en dire plus à son sujet. Mon allemand étant franchement nul, je n'ai pas tout compris ce que me disais le vendeur (bourse d'Oberglatt près de Zürich)

Depuis qu'elle est dans son terra, elle a tout calfeutré d'un mélange de tourbe et soie. Elles est totalement invisible, je pense qu'elle va mué ? Dois-je vaporiser, quelle humidité maintenir, j'ai peur qu'en humidifiant sa cachette s'éffondre.

Merci de toute information sur cette espèce, j'ai trouvé quelques piste en anglais, je piges un peu plus, mais si vous avez en français. Merci

Au plaisir de vous lire nombreux
Rodolphe
Rodolphe

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Neostenotarsus Sp Suriname Empty reponse

Message  Nicolas Giraud Ven 30 Mar 2018 - 5:50

salut, si tu as un traducteur (ou que tu te debrouille en anglais ) j'ai trouvé cette description sur le forum arachnoboards, ecrit par tarcan ( martin ) .

en effet, cette espece à bien la particularité de se cacher souvent, elle a donc du commencer sa cachette.

pour l'humidité, un pot avec de l'eau et tu arrose de temps en temps dans ce coin afin d'avoir toujours un petit carré humide. mais n'arrose pas partout !! elle ira d'elle meme plus ou moins loin de cette zone.

j'espere t'avoir aidé. a plus.

This species hides under fallen logs, can also be found under the bark. They will dig a depression in the earth under the log. There is no exit hole, it is not a burrow per say. I suspect that they never go out in nature, I am sure they feed on the zillion of termites in the log, thus having no use to venture outside. Same is valid for the two other variants/species.

If kept properly or should I say optimally, you will never see the animal. Put a decent layer of humdid substrate and a piece of cork bark. It will hide under and cover all exits with earth. The animals will bounce out of the earth to catch the given preys, I suspect this is a travesty of husbandry as there are no small insects available in the hiding place.

They are voracious, although hatchlings are a bit reluctant to eat. The babies grow fast, but groth slows down at advanced juvenile stage.

Mating is strange, the males are actually quite agressive towards the female. The male rushes the female and hits her with front legs. Females are normally quite submitted and will mate without agression. Another hint that makes me believe that they never go outside is that the males seem perfectly adapted to that situation. As soon as the male picks up the sent of the female, it starts digging for the female, which is unsual, but in logic perfectly normal for that species since there are no entrance hole to the female's chamber.

I have bred the species twice, one eggsac with 100 or so babies from a smaller female. A full grown female gave 250 babies. They are tiny (1/4 to 1/6" legspan) and colourless. They will dig burrows almost right away.

Beware that the eggsacs are extremely tight constructed and it is one of the only species that I would advide to remove the sac early and open it. The sacs are so tight that the bad eggs will affect the good ones very rapidly.

Anyhow, I hope this helps, that should get you started

Martin
Nicolas Giraud
Nicolas Giraud

Revenir en haut Aller en bas